Upload theme via WordPress (Recommended)
- From your WP dashboard, navigate to Appearance.
- Click on Themes.
- Click Add New.
- If you have downloaded the theme file to your computer, click Upload Theme then Choose File. Now navigate to your_theme.zip file on your computer and click Install Now button.
- Else, if you want to install a free theme from wordpress.org, choose your preferred theme then click Install to install it or Preview to watch a live demo.
- Now you might click on Activate to activate your newly installed theme.
Upload theme via FTP
- Log into your hosting space via an FTP software or CPanel’s File manager if you have access to CPanel.
- Unzip your_theme.zip file and extract it to a folder named your_theme. Make sure index.php and style.css files are directly available under this folder.
- Upload this folder into wp-content => themes.
- Go to Appearance => Themes and activate the installed theme.