Launched back in 2001 as Iniquinet, A2 Hosting is an independent hosting provider that houses data centers all over the world, including the US, Europe, and Asia. They offer a variety of different hosting packages on their platform: VPS Hosting, Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting, making them a great option if you’re looking for different plans and packages.
Here is a quick peek at some of their best features and specs:
- Unlimited bandwidth — This allows their customers to transfer as much data as they need.
- Fast and easy WordPress installs — A2 Hosting offers one-click WP installations. Pretty ubiquitous nowadays, but still good to know!
- SSD (Solid State Drive) — A2 offers SSD for everything, which offers improvements in performance. This is an upgrade over physical drives that many hosts use.
- Free SSL certificates — Offered through Let’s Encrypt.
- Security — A2 boasts perpetual security with their use of virus scanning, firewalls, and more.
- Three data centers to choose from — US (Michigan), Europe (Amsterdam), and Asia (Singapore)
- Latest tech — Such as HTTP/2 (only for top-tier plans) and PHP 7.X
- Free site migrations — A2 Hosting will migrate your site to their platform for free.
- 24/7 Support — Via ticket, live chat, or phone
As you see, A2 Hosting offers an impressive lineup of features, making them a serious contender for individuals and companies alike looking for web hosting solutions. But what about speed, and how does that compare to other hosting providers?
A2 Hosting: Speed
A2 Hosting may not be as widely known as other web hosting providers, like HostGator or BlueHost, but their claim of delivering speeds up to 20x faster has put them on the radar of top hosting solutions. They also boast 99.9% uptime along with “guru support”, all of which sounds almost too good to be true. Or is it?
Verdict: They’re pretty darn fast — after looking at speed tests, A2 Hosting is 200% faster than industry average, in fact. Most top brands can load in under just a second because anything more can cause website’s to lose 50% in traffic. That’s a pretty big deal which is why every hosting provider vie’s for the top spot in speed.
The average load times for a A2 Hosting page clocks in at 392ms over a 12 month time frame, which is incredibly fast. After comparing with other hosting companies, A2 Hosting takes the number one spot for fastest loading time. Second place is SiteGround with 483ms, and third is HostGator with 521ms.
So How Do They Do it?
A2 Hosting limits the number of people on their shared hosting servers to boost speed, and have also implemented caching and other functionalities.
Here is a look at the multiple technologies that have helped them reach the top spot as fastest hosting provider:
- Utilization of turbo servers
- A2 Optimized plugin
- Turbo Boost for VPS and dedicated servers
- Use of SSD
- Finely-tuned servers by their support team
- Quadruple-redundant network
- Multiple data center locations
- Performance Plus for web hosting
- HTTP/2, SPDY, and ESI for Turbo option
Why Speed Matters
Speed is always important for user experience, especially for companies wanting to increase and keep traffic on their website. Even if you’re hosting a personal blog. Who is going to wait more than three seconds to read it? The bottom line is that today’s consumers are impatient. You can probably relate to the frustration that comes with experiencing slow load times. You probably won’t stay on the website for very long.
Sometimes we compromise speed for increased functionality or adding more content to a website. Research has proven time and again what website visitors care the most about, and that’s speed. Additionally, your page’s loading time has also become an important factor that plays a role in search engine rankings, so don’t neglect it.
How Website Speed Affects Your SEO
Since 2010, Google has been using site speed as part of their ranking algorithm and it still is very important factor. Page speed continues to serve as one of the many key factors today in determining where your site will show up in search results.
Google isn’t new to the game. They understand that by directing users to slow loading sites, they will ultimately be driving users away from using their search engine. Keep this in mind when you consider adding more bells and whistles to your site that can potentially slow it down.
When looking at the top ten hosting providers, page loading speeds range from 392ms to 1047ms. Remember, the worst speed here of 1047ms is only 1.047 seconds. That’s still not bad. But if you’re looking for the best of the best, A2 Hosting may be the hosting provider you need.
Realistic is the first WordPress theme built using Underscores and Google’s Material Design Lite (MDL) frameworks combined together. Realistic will give your site a very Modern & realistic look and am …
- check Material Design
- check Blazing Fast
- check SEO Friendly
- check 2 Blog Layouts (NEW!)